4/10/09

Food Storage Rotation

This always confused the heck out of me. But I get it now! So after you have your three month food storage in place. You will continue to shop for your weekly meals that you write out, from the same meal list that you based your food storage meals off of. Whats the point of having a 3 month supply of food if your not going to use it right?

So for example:

*I have my six meals I am making this week on a list.
*I have written down the ingredients I need for this on my shopping list. ( you can not use your food storage items,yet)
*Then I go shopping for those items.
*I come home and take my groceries to my storage pantry and put the can of beans I just bought in the back of the row of canned beans and use the first can in the row when I cook that week.
*Done.
*Rotation.

This is why it's important to stick to your planned meals, and grocery list. This doesn't mean you cant venture out- but don't get lost and loose momentum of what you have just worked so hard to accomplish.

No comments: